Monday 28 October 2013

First row in 9 months. Making Progress...

Yesterday I went for my first row since the 30th january this year. It was nice to be back on the water. I enjoyed it, and it felt great to feel that I was taking a big step forward in my recovery. I simply paddled for 7km, my time in the boat over the next few weeks is simply about finding my feet on the water again. I am hopeful that all the core stability work with Harry while in the gym during the year and in the pool swimming lots recently will mean that my body is physically ready to do what I want and that it is a matter of learning to coordinate the rowing movements again. I know from the work on the bike that my legs are physically ready. Here is a short video of my row on the Yarra River in Melbourne yesterday. This footage is part of a documentary that is being put together and will detail my rehabilitation over the journey. The 'Unsinkable' project will produce 10 episodes detailing different stages of the journey I have been on, the first episode is due to be released next week so stay tuned for some footage of me on my back in hospital back in June this year.
As always, thank you for following my progress, the number of views I receive each post are of great support to me. Cheers, John








1 comment: