Thursday 13 February 2014

NSW State champiosnhips

Hello all,

This afternoon the NSW state champs kicked off at the Sydney international rowing course.
I raced in the heat of the men's single scull. There were three heats in this event, with top three from  each heat progressing through to the final tomorrow morning.  In Australia this regatta is used as the selection  event to pick the team for the first World Cup to be help on Sydney in late march. As a result racing is tough and to a very high standard with everybody keen to give themselves a chance to make this team.

I came 2nd in my heat, and was reasonably happy with my form. It is always nice to get the first race out of the way which usually causes more nerves than the final due to the worry of missing the final in the first place.

I'm excited  to give it everything tomorrow and see where I sit, however I know the rest of the field and even the guys in the B final are out to do the same. Blink and you are gone is a good way to explain the intensity of elite racing in that one small mistake and you are busting your ass to get back on terms. This is what we train for so embracing it is the best way to go.

Will touch base tomorrow.

Cheers, John

No comments:

Post a Comment