Monday 21 April 2014

Unsinkable: Episode Eleven (World Rowing Cup 1)

After a scratchy performance in my first two races at the National Championships, it was good to be a part of a successful result in the quad with sasha, cam and nick. The race was my first ever quad scull race, so i was rather pleased it all went according to plan. Unfortunately the footage of the race is copyrighted, so we couldn't include the race footage in this episode- but you can view the link to the race by following this link.



This particular race was a long time coming, it was an emotional day for me. I appreciate that adversity is very much an individual thing and what may seem frustrating to one is not to another. However I do know that my parents have lived every moment of it with me (barring the operation I underwent prior to informing them) and have witnessed first hand the frustration, so to have them watching me once again competing at a high level and sharing my enjoyment was a memorable moment for me.



Cheers, John








No comments:

Post a Comment