Thursday 24 April 2014

National selection trials start tomorrow

Hi all,
Tomorrow is an important day, every result this year counts for nothing and it's game on. We begin the selection trials for the world champs team.
We start the racing with a first and final in the single scull. This will begin the ranking for the 8 of us contesting for seats in the sculling team.
I am looking forward to the racing, although I would much prefer not having to wait around until 2pm for the race. Occupying the time waiting over the morning can be a challenging time and it is important not to waste any energy on unnecessary nerves. I am looking forward to finding out where I sit within the group and see what has changed since the national championships last month.

In sport you must make the most of your opportunities, however it can be frustrating when things in preparation do not go to plan. Unfortunately for me a week after nationals I managed to pull up sore from a 25km training row. I presented with a rib issue and medical staff gave me 5 days out of the boat to let it settle. But, 7 days later still no better and I was sent for a bone scan to assess if it was structural damage. Fortunately it was all clear, however I did miss 10 days out of the boat during an important training block leading in to trials. In the overall scheme of things though I cannot complain as I have not even made it to trials since 2011 and a few days out of the boat is fine if it means I can race now, and compared to the extended periods of time I have sat on the sidelines over the last few years, this is a small blip in the preparation.

Time to rest up and get the mind and the body prepped for tomorrow.

Cheers, John

1 comment:

  1. there is good post that you have posted and i have got nice information from this post.
    Awning Signs Sydney | Snap Clip Frames

    ReplyDelete