Wednesday 26 June 2013

Turnipseed procedure

Here I am pictured showing of my bandaged legs and the drainage bags removing the blood to minimize swelling and bruising. Rather clever really. 

A little on yesterday's surgery. For most of you reading this you will already know I've had a few surgeons have a go at treating my condition. To explain in simple terms the reason for my optimistic view post this recent op. all my past procedures have targeted the medial head of gastrocnemius and how that tissue interacts with the popliteal artery. These operations have solved the problem 'behind my knee' however a problem was found at the soleal arch. May have always existed or occurred as a by product of previous remodeling efforts. Anyways- most recent mri and ultrasound scans showed it was the plantaris as it interacts with this tissue that has been occluding the artery. and has such been removed and the opening has been made significantly larger. This Allowing the space for the artery/vein/nerve to be unimpeded during activity. This when written sounds simple enough. However my present state is that I am stuck on my back in a hospital bed unable to even put the slightest weight on my legs. Pain management playing a big role in my hour to hour living at present. To say I have a big job ahead of me would be an understatement. 

Check the photo attached for plantaris. Not exactly a small piece of tissue that has been cut out. Note-it is the tendon attached to plantaris which is deemed the culprit for many of my problems to date. Seems so simple now.. Here is hoping the docs have it right this time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment