Saturday 21 December 2013

Solid week and body holding up well

Hello all, 

I wanted to share with you what my week of training has looked like. I chose to share this as it is the first time my week has resembled a 'normal' training week. 
Although I am pretty fatigued from the workload, my body is gradually adapting to being back in the boat again, and although tired, my legs are not showing any adverse vascular signs. What I can tell you about my legs is that even as I am almost 6 months post op, after the training this week I still get swelling in my ankles and lower legs, a sign that the soft tissue is still repairing and adapting to being physically active again. The good news is, they are improving each week, and according to the medical advice, will continue to do so for some time still. Attached below is a screen shot of everything physical i have completed this week. I understand as an elite athlete or rower this is nothing super impressive, but hoping to show those outside that category the commitment and hours of training being completed each day and this may encourage you to continue your own personal fitness challenges.


Now I have some time away from the boat and I will be cycling lots of Km's on the Great Ocean Road until training camp which starts on the 2nd january. The training camp held in falls creek will be a big challenge for me, but as always am up for it.

Be in touch.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment